The Historic Courthouse

Completed in 1846, the Historic Courthouse is the oldest courthouse in operation in the state of Michigan.  The architecture is Greek Revival, a style popular in America from 1825 to 1860.  Dominant elements of the Greek Revival style are the white paint (a reference to white stone or marble), Doric columns, and the gablefront.

The Courthouse is open during special events, and can be reserved for weddings and other occasions.

RESERVATION INFORMATION

 

        

 

 

Copyright Lapeer County Historical Society, All rights reserved.